Every so often its good to sit and reflect on where you are at in life. This last weekend was a good reflection time. I was able to go out with friends and I had the best time ever. It was awesome. We went dancing and had an amazing time with what we call "the face". You need to Google that shit. Jenna Marbles "how to avoid talking to people you don't want to talk to". Amazing. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Its kept a smile on my face this week when I needed something to keep me going.
I've been looking at my friends, and the different kinds of relationships I have with them. Its weird to see how it grows as we get older. In high school we lived for our friends. No bills to pay, or mortgage to worry about. Just school and having fun. Who was going with who to what prom... Who was dating who. We had our whole lives ahead of us and we lived for our friends. Then as we get older things change. We have jobs. We settle down in relationships and get our own places. Kids pop into the picture and a whole new universe of worry and fear pop into our lives.
Life happens. With each new experience we become different people. Have different views, or change our minds. When that happens, friendships will change. Now this change isn't a bad thing. I've had a lot of these situations lately where I felt that my friends aren't the same people as they were and they changed, etc. Which was true, but I was looking at it in the negative sense. Instead I need to look at it in the light of, now since they have been through this I can get to know them all over again and rekindle the friendship. Its the same reason why you have to fight in a relationship. It wakes you up. Makes you appreciate and grow together. Provides that spark.
And as I reflect on these things and the friendships I have... I walk to the fridge for a Barq's root beer. Cold, cool, and refreshing. Yep it hits the mark and quenches my thirst. Sometimes, you just want a root beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment