Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February... a Month for new beginnings

So one of my goals this year is to really get into the study of Wicca, so when is a better time to start than the festival of Imbolc! This is a festival for new beginnings. There have been a lot of weddings and pregnancies announced lately and though Dave and I are not announcing anything I still wanted to have my own beginning. So with these new changes I hope that we will all see a happier, healthier, and much more less stressful and peaceful Heather.

The one thing that is going to be hard for me that I'm not sure how I'll do it is I'm going to try and forgive my step-dad. He is honestly the most negative asshole I have ever met. Trying to make it work these past 6 years has not worked and its not been easy either. In fact the other day I was told how much of a freak I am and how messed up I am. Well I'm done. I'm done keeping quiet, I'm done trying. Nothing I will ever do will change that because he is to stubborn to change. He created the lies and he will have to live with them. The family knows that he is lying and I know. My struggle is going to try and forgive him for all of that. It will never be ok between us, but if I can forgive him then that will at least be one less stress on my conscious.

I do need to get up and work out BEFORE work. I've been coming home from work and actually sleeping. So I need to work out before I go in and that way it helps wake me up too! I also need to start eating better. Yogurts, whole grains, salads, that kinda stuff. That will help me feel better too. 

I also need to start thinking more of what I am thankful for. With so much negativity around I do need to be more thankful for the wonderful life that I have with Dave. 

I'm going to try and have more girl time and keep my friends close. I have 2 wonderful girls in my life that I will hopefully get closer to in the next months to add to my small circle. I need to start reaching out to the girls I have as well. I know that'll mean getting up early but honestly I just might need that. Go to bed at a decent hour. Let puppy out so she can run and be free and enjoy herself, clean up the back yard.... something... Sounds good actually. Plus it'll be good for when the kids are over. 

Well here goes. I'm going to try it. See what comes of it. I need some peace and happiness and I need to feel better about myself. Its about damn time.  

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. Ive been working toward this same thing- forgiveness and stress are two very hard things in life to deal with. My motto that Ive been working with the past year is "if you can change the way you think...you can change the way you feel." Anyways hang in there Heather, your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're cutting your step-dad off. I never liked him and it makes me feel better knowing you keep your distance. When you start stressing just remember that you are an amzing person with a lot more strength than you've ever given yourself credit for. Don't let anyone tell you that you are anything less than spectacular.

    ReplyDelete