Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gabby's 8th Birthday

Gabby is one spoiled little girl. She got at least 3 parties this year. First we were going to just do cake and ice cream at our house for Dad's family party on the 6th, but mom decided to take them to a family party at her Grandma's house. SO..... since that was my only oportunity to see her I took what I could and we had her open some of her presents then so that I could be there. She wore her new pink horse shirt and I pulled her hair back in a braid complete with a pink headband and pink hair tie. Then we painted her nails metallic pink so that she was pretty to go to her party.





The kids were a little upset that Dad and I wouldn't be there. They still are trying to adjust to having the 2 seperate homes. So we again had to have a talk about how they have a party with Mom and mom's family and a party with Dad and Heather and their families. That's a hard talk to have. 

On her actual birthday her Mom went and took her to Chucky cheese to play for a bit then brought the kids over to our house. I got to work since it was a weekday so I didn't get to be there, but Dave's mom came by with Aspen and they opened presents and had Chocolate cake and ice cream. Dave did a good job taking pictures considering he's not a picture taking kinda person. I was glad I got the pictures at least. 

This was her favorite.


Gandma and Grandpa gave her a lot of horse books



My friend Trish, bless her heart, got Gabby a present and Gabby loved it! Even though I'm still struggling with the ex I can be grateful that at least the kids lives have improved greatly. We see them on a regular basis and we're able to give them these birthdays and holidays that they otherwise wouldn't get to have. That makes it worth it at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment