Sunday, July 25, 2010

Camping... Rethinking our motives.

So we decided since the motor home was finally registered and legal we wanted to go camping this weekend. Originally we were supposed to go to Fairfield to spend time with Dave's family, but as his parents are filing for bankruptcy they weren't going. Which meant we weren't either. So Dave found us a place to camp up at Smith and Moorehouse, by Kamus. Its an awesome camp spot. And its free which makes it better.

I made a rule last time we went camping that I am going up with rather than come up later. Ya right. I had to work so I had to come up this morning rather than yesterday. Ya I got lost. AGAIN. And AGAIN Star puked all over my car. Grrrrrrrrrr..... Not happy. I'm irritated.

Finally find the spot and people who weren't invited just showed up were here, wanting to use our stuff and left a mess. Finally got everyone up here and all I've done is babysit dogs. Everyone brought their dogs so fighting with Butch cause he doesn't like other males and Star just wants to go everyone and jump up on them.... Ugh annoying.

I'm tired now. Of course part of that could be I got up at 9. I don't know why I'm so annoyed though. I wanted this weekend to be nice and relaxing and its been anything but thus far. Frustrating. Poor Dave is trying so hard to make sure I have a good time I wish I was.

Some people are just not made for camping. Flip flops, make up, hair dryers..... Really? Your going camping be practical. People annoy me.... I think next time we go camping its just me, Dave, and the dogs. I'd be happy with that.

Half the point of coming up here was to go fishing...Casey caught 2 with a small hook, string, and a beer can. Then they went night fishing didn't get any. Tried again in the morning and a log gave way and Dave cut his finger, wrist, and leg up. Goodness. So they got back around 2. Amelia and mike left to go play at Rockport and we were going to walk the river but there is no way Butch could've made it so instead we came home and had steaks.

I wish I got my relaxing weekend. I feel like I didn't get any time with Dave. I did surprise him with his birthday present early and he loved it! I got him a fishing vest with his name on it. :) He loves it so much which made me happy.

I will say that I love the city Oakley and Kamus. They are beautiful! So next weekend I want to take the kids up to see the devil's slide and go fishing/swimming up there. I want pictures of the cemetery. There are some beautiful homes and farms as well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree camping is fun with just you, Dave and the dogs but it is nice to have others...sometimes lol!

    ReplyDelete