Monday, November 29, 2010

A weird weekend

This weekend was a weird one... full of just a ton of stuff. Friday was hecktic with family pictures, then work didn't exactly turn out how I wanted it to. A little kitten got stuck in a co-workers car and so I was trying to get it out, but nothing was woring, so we left it for a bit and left food out hoping the kitten woud come out on his own. Well it didn't and so with the car owner's help we got the kitty out ad I took it inside to try and warm it up. It wasn't doing very good so we called Animal Control to come get it and it ended up that I did keep it alive, but it was so sick that the officer said that they were just going to put it down. Which is sad, but still better than freezing to death. My boss was tolerant but he was a jerk about it. I don't know what he expected me to do. Let it die? Leave it outside to freeze? Grrr... made me mad.

I was so ready to go home after that, got some good sleep and ended up waking up in time just to get to Bountiful to say goodbye to Trish. Her husband had flown in to come get her and they had decided to leave early to try and beat the storm. That was sad but at least I got to say goodbye.

That evening we ended up going over to see some friends only to see their marriage further fall into turmoil. Very uncomfortable situation. With all of it I decided that I needed to go to church. So sunday I went by myself. The storm was so bad it was scary driving. I made it though and the lesson taught was a good one. I'm glad I went.

As I got home my mom text me to let me know that Great Grandma Steed had passed away. She was the last of my great grandparents. It was time though. At 91 she's had a good long life, and Grandpa has been gone for close to 10 years. So it was time.

Just a lot to deal with all at once. This week I hope goes by fast.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you survived your roller coaster of a weekend.

    ReplyDelete