Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The making of the music video "Lady Death" by Arsenic Addiction

We had the best time. :) Arsenic Addiction was one of the bands that helped the Salt City Bombers with the first fundraiser for Salty Horror. Lady Arsenic asked if 5 of the Bombers would be willing to be in their music video. WOULD WE!!! :) Kayla, Krystal, Shannon, Amanda, and I were the lucky 5 and we were so excited. Here's pictures of our adventure that day. BTW there is blood involved... and it was tasty!!

The band was up wayyyy to early and they went out to the Salt Flats to film the music footage as well as the before and after tea party.

Salt Flats Tea Party








We actually met up with everyone at Memory Grove. Though we all had wanted a specific look, we had to just deal with what we had. The Band was amazing. Some of the nicest people I met in a while. We got to the park and went through a walk through of the locations and what parts were going to be happening. Thankfully, we all had decided which of us 5 girls would do what scene. 

I got picked to do the first one, mostly because I was ready. Some of the other girls had other things planned that day, so I wanted to make sure they had time to get ready. They wanted simple make up, eyeliner and lipstick, so we all were good on that end. I had Trish come over that day to help me with my hair and make up (lets face it I suck at it still, but I'm learning!). I was the first to die, and I was killed by Plauge.  

He was going to poke me with a stick, but forgot the stick. So instead they told him to just look over me and try to look creepy.



Of course there had to be blood involved. Lady Arsenic had the most delicious recipe for it and thankfully
was gracious enough to let me have some. Mouthfull here we go :)
It gurgled out and they had a huge puddle on the groud. Thankfully I didn't have to get in the cold water, but considering how hot it was I would have if they asked me to. Instead I just had to not breath or blink. :)

Got blood on my lips

Butcher, Ripper, and crew

Shannon was girl #3 but they filmed her second. She is killed by Lady Arsenic herself in a tea party. Shannon got a hard part. She had to drink from the cup, spill the cup, then fall down really really slowly. They did so many takes!!! Shannon was amazing though :). 










Ripper getting into his bag of things....
Krystal looking nice and innocent


tee hee hee. My favorite by far

Kayla shot next. She was being killed by Ripper. She got to run up stairs looking really scared being followed by Ripper. 





so pretty :)

Amanda ended up shooting last, mostly because they had to change locations due to the sun shining way to brightly where they wanted to shoot at. She is killed by the Professor. This was perfect for her because he kills her while dancing and Amanda actually can dance. I'm so making her teach me :). 


awe sweet sentiments.


The last to die was Krystal. She is killed by the Butcher. I really wanted this one, but I'm thankful I didn't. She got covered in blood, and because Krystal is an MUA and has worked with the blood before she had an outfit that she could get drenched in and it would wash out. Plus she had so much fun with it. 





she had to hug everyone she could after that...

The finale of the day is Lady Arsenic's blood bath. I can say my wonderful planning with bringing extra water bottles helped to mix it. :) She loves this part. 





Afterward, Shannon had to leave to go help her kiddies. School the next day and all, and Kayla had plans so they headed off. Krystal, Amanda, and I stuck around for a while and the band had brought dinner. They were so nice to invite us to eat with them and whilst being attacked by bees, dogs, and ants it was really really good.




It was a lot of fun and I'm so thankful that the Bombers got to be a part of this. The band was awesome and so kind. I can't wait to work some more with them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment