Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Much Needed Mini Vaca...

Dave and I have been together for several years and we've never taken a vacation. Ever. So we decided to take a weekend trip to Cali and bummed our friend Casey along (Dave has to have a gambling buddy and someone to BS with during the drive, I pass out 10 min into the drive and I'm bad luck and he needed to win :D.)

We left Thursday morning and headed to Vegas. Got there not to late, and I got to take a much needed hot shower. I worked a 15 hour shift the night before and didn't shower before we left. So while I was beautifying myself Dave and Casey went to gamble for a bit. They got back shortly after I was done and we went to walk the strip.

With Rick James

Infront of the Wynn. Gorgeous waterfalls.

We only walked up and down it, then went back to the Excalibur where we were staying. My feet felt like they could fall off. The next morning we checked out and headed to Culver City CA. Just outside of LA. Friday night we drove around exploring and walked along Venice Beach. Wow can you say discusting? There was oil all over the beach and the birds. The beach was covered with dead muscles.. and I got oil stuck to my foot. I walked in the water, but that was about all I wanted to do. There were a few surfers but other than that, the people were there for the skate park or the gym. Didn't see to many people in the water.

The waves were cool, this guy got soaked

You can see the oil on the sand.  
This guy was interesting.

The shops were ok, I honestly was not impressed. It was the most disgusting beach I've ever seen. I really don't get why everyone is so excited about it. Literally right after we left, Dave was checking the news on his phone that night and there was a FBI raid and a stabbing there just minutes after we left. Its drug infested and there are tons of homeless and drug addicts around. It was gross.

So after that adventure we went looking for a nice beach. Saturday morning we headed out to Huntington Beach. Wow HUGE difference. We walked up the Boardwalk to the shops. There was this awesome place called Bomburgers that we ate at, it was really good. Then Dave found a new hat too. Then we walked up and down the Pier. Dave wanted to fish off of it. Really pretty view though.

Awesome!!!



And ended with walking along the beach. Wow HUGE difference. The sand felt cleaner. I wanted to stay longer, but we had other things to see so we had to go. I definitely want to go back though.





So from there we went to LA and I got to see the Hollywood sign, I didn't get a picture of it, but I saw it gosh dang it. We went to the Hollywood walk of fame. The stars and all that fun stuff. Dave found Johnny Cash and Charlie Sheen... Ya he's one of them lol. Then I really really really wanted to go see Kat Von D's tattoo shop High Voltage Tattoo. So we started a treck. On the way we found the Jim Henson Co, with a huge Kermit on top, which was so cool.

Harrison Ford

Dave with Johnny Cash


Mel Brooks

Charlie Sheen


When we found the shop I was so starstruck I totally forgot to take any pictures on the inside and I had to make Dave drive past it so that I could get a picture of the outside. I did get a hoodie though. Its my new favorite. Next time we are down there I really want to get tattooed there.

EEEE!!!! I was so excited

My hoodie :) Love Love Love Love

So after that, we had walked all our selves out and Dave was ready to relax. We went back to the Motel and passed out. Sunday we headed out, and on the way Dave spotted a Bass Pro shop. Ya had to stop. I was excited. They had some amazing animals and fish tanks... I loved the Salt Water tank with all the sharks. It was way cool. They even had a Orange County Chopper bike. It was way awesome.











So after that we headed home, only stopping for gas and some small souvenirs. Then it became my quest to get a picture of a Joshua Tree. Not that easy going 80 MPH, but I did it :).




All in all I had a wonderful time. Loved spending the time with Dave and it was nice to just be together. It was nice to come home to the babies. Bynx hasn't stopped cuddling me and Star is just as bad. Butch actually was the one we figured would tackle us as we walked in the door and he's taken it the best out of all of them. Good experience though.

No comments:

Post a Comment