Monday, December 7, 2009

Trying to take my own advice

I'm usually such a happy person and I'm always telling my friends to just keep their chin up, that everything will be ok. Now I know how they feel. I've been trying to keep my chin up, but lately just feel like freaking out.

Of course its due to financial struggles. I know that if I can just keep my focus and stick to the course I will get everything taken care of. I know that I just need to keep my cool, not freak out and remember that it could always be worse. It's all about keeping my head on straight. Makeing the right decisions and keep on top of things.

I cannot wait until the day when I don't have all these bills and I don't have to constatnly worry. I do know how far I have come and remember how I felt back then when I had more on my shoulders and I just have to remember that I have come this far, I can go further. Only this time I have Dave with me. Thank the stars for him. I don't know what I would do without him.

We had the kids over this weekend. Thankfully they are feeling better. Gabby discovered my vampire books so she spent time looking at them. I'm looking forward to getting her a bookshelf she can have of her own. I figure it'll be a christmas present when she gets 10 or 11, or when they move in here. There are lots of things I'm looking forward to doing when they finally move in with us. Things they can learn, actually making big meals for them to eat during the week, stuff I want to teach them etc. I know though that I should appreciate the time they spend with their mom. I know that if we got them right now that would not be a good thing financially right now. However the day will come and we will make it work. Those kids are worth it completely.




I guess my biggest struggle and worry is what they are being told when they aren't here. Its hard being a stepmom when you have almost no control on that kinda stuff. I encorage them to have a good relationship with their mom, but in doing that anything they are told by her they imediately beleive regardless of what it is. Kinda a double edged sword on that one.

On a more happier note, Star is getting HUGE! She is definatley one happy healthy puppy. I took her in for her second set of shots and she was so well behaved I was impressed. She weighs 12 lbs at 3 months and is looking really healthy. She is getting tall too. Twice as tall and she's getting better at telling us when she needs to go outside. Dave cleaned the carpets on Saturday and doesn't seem to have made a difference to her. I think the house looks great and the carpets needed it, but she still has had accidents. Guess she's a stubborn one. That and she's been faking it just to get outside. I wait until she has done it for sure before I bring her in. I know the snow has been helping to make sure she's going. I don't buy into her little acting and I wait until she has gone outside before I bring her in. The one thing we've been trying to do is during the day once she goes potty we stay outside and play and at night once she's gone we come back inside. Its experimental so we'll see how that goes. For now its mostly just keeping an eye on her making sure she goes outside instead of inside.

The kids are getting used to her but she's growing faster than they are! lol They have been asking questions about why I say certain things. Like I say "No biting" or "No Barking" or "down". They just say "no". So we had a talk about why its important to say what she is doing so she knows not to do it again. Just like when she piddles in the house she gets put in the kennel. She doesn't like the kennel so she associates the bad action with something she doesn't like.







I've been reading more into husky's and boxer's. She is stubborn with lots of energy, and teething. Sigh... I'm trying to instill in her some good behaviors and the best time is to start now! She really is a sweetheart though. Slowly working her way into everyone's hearts, even Bynx.



1 comment: