Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lots of things I could be...

Every so often it's healthy to look at yourself and take a gander. I have a habbit of doing that often.

The hard part for some is seeing what you need to improve on. Accepting that you may need to work on some things. Its hard to hear that feedback; but if you never hear it then how are you to work on it? There are a few people that come to mind when I think about this.

My hardest part is seeing what I am good at. It's a must to be able to look at yourself and be proud of what you have accomplished. If you don't then the whole experience will be for nothing and you'll never move forward.

I know that there is a lot I still need to work on. I have a list hanging in my cubical at work to help remind me of things that I need to be doing. They aren't just for work but for life in general. My job is anything but easy, but its rewarding. I actually got a really nice compliment today. As I passed by the corporate recruiter she gave me a hug and said that she had heard I was doing really well. :) Now that made me smile. I know I work my butt off and I'm loyal to my boss, and I know that he's happy with the job that I do for him. Its something else though when someone not even in your own department gives you a compliment like that.

I'm driven and I have a good work ethic, but sometimes it gets the better of me. I can get so caught up in everything that I get obsessed with it and its all I talk about. Which drives Dave crazy. 

I need to learn to relax. Take a day and turn the phone off and just relax. Read, watch TV, sleep, cuddle with my amazing man, talk about stupid random things that mean nothing at all just to laugh. I need to learn to do that. Otherwise the stress will be overwhelming and I'll burn myself out. I know that I'm in danger of doing that quite often. 

I have so much going on in my life it's crazy. I have my job, that I am so thankful to have. I love it and I enjoy working with the people that I do. I have an amazing family, Dave is amazing and the kids are so wonderful. Not to mention my extended family, with all my siblings and parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, they are all so supportive. I have the Bombers now, with Dave at my side I know that this will go amazing places. All the people involved are amazing and I'm so excited to see where they all go from here. I have my animals... my baby Bynx, my princess Star, and Butch... Gotta love that fat dog. He is so cool. Love him. 

There are a lot of things that I could be.... but I'm pretty happy with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment