Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Story of the Bombers....

So what has been taking up all of my time? Making me crazy? Driving me? My pride and joy? In December I was recruited by now good friend Mark Slater. He had an idea that everyone just loved. A group of models and entertainers that helped raise money for charity. How cool is that? Now when the idea was first presented to me the models were going to be lingerie models. I wasn't exactly that comfortable with that idea. Neither was Dave. Decision made. So I approached Mark and asked if there would be anything else that I could help with. Turns out that they did need someone to fill the gopher position, as the last person they had asked to leave due to some conflicts. So there I was. Didn't really have a purpose so I went in with the notion of helping whereever I could. My main concern: The model's happiness and safety.

Well, within a few weeks our "Manager" decided to opt out. It was a messy departure. With contracts involved and lawyers and threats... it was not a good site. All just a short time before our first show. We decided to continue forward with it and had to change the name and everything. Of course all this went down on a Friday night and I was at work. An emergency meeting was called and everyone still wanted to do this.

I got home that night and was telling Dave about what had happened and he hit me with a good question. "Was I serious about this?" I told him that ya I was. There were people counting on us to get things set up and figured out and we needed to be there for them. So Dave said, "Well if your going to do it then do it right." We set up to get the business started.

At this point, we've got the business registered with the State of Utah as Salt City Bombers Entertainment, LLP. DBA Bonneville Bombers. I've got it registered with the IRS and I just received our State Sales Tax License. Its pretty freaking exciting. Who knows where this will lead us?

One thing is for sure, we are taking it slow and steady and doing it all the right way. The biggest thing is making sure that we have the right people in the right roles and making sure that we're following all the rules.

Our first big charity event is coming up at the end of April. We'll have a booth at Earth Jam. Mark has got us a spot on TV on Channel 2 Tues morning the 8th. How exciting is that?! Its crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment