Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life's unpredictable....

I've been thinking a lot these past couple days.... Life has thrown some very interesting curves.

First someone I didn't know very well, but thought I knew at least a little bit, ended up being involved in some very bad things. I really liked the guy, he was a very amiable person. Now he's in prison for at least 10 years. Granted once you hear someone has been sent to prison you automatically think "oh that person is bad" and "how could I not have seen this"? However just because he was convicted doesn't mean that it may have been done on purpose. You never know though. I've thought about going and visiting, but as I'm not a close friend - or at least what I consider to be a close friend, I can't help but wonder will it be awkward? Would he want me to visit? If I go should I go with others that he knows? Just not sure on that one.

The other day started out with getting off a 15 hour shift and I met up with Dave on his way to work so that I could see him. As we're standing there we realize there are breaks in the front driver tire. It was flat by lunch. The tires we have are a little big for the truck. The tires we need we have 2 of them. Dave believes that the reason the tires blew last time is that the rim is bent. So we need 2 new rims 2 new tires and then mounted and put on the truck. So that's going to be almost $300..... plus we still need to fix the car... I know right? Nothing seems to want to settle down.


So I go home get some sleep and then as I go about my day I head to work. First there was an accident that had two 4x4 trucks with horse trailers involved, so traffic was bad getting onto 215. Then as I'm coming over the bridge a semi stops right in the middle of the street. So we all slow and move around them, then as traffic is starting to pick up speed I witness an accident involving a semi and a small car. The girls in the car couldn't of been much older than 16... They looked young. Luckily they were OK, but it could've been so much worse. Makes me remember the two I was in and how lucky I was. Angels are watching... I hope those girls take it as a good lesson and don't end up in another one.


So it's raining outside now and I absolutely love the rain. Butch on the other hand does not. He is scared of thunder I think. He won't go outside and he will hide in the house even if he has to use the bathroom rather than go outside during a thunder storm. The other day I was in the shower and I heard the door open. Now I'm thinking that it is Bynx because he loves to sit on the edge of the tub while I'm showering and play in the water. Instead it's Butch and he just jumps right in with me. No hesitation. I think that he heard some thunder and came to find me and when he couldn't hear it over the sound of the shower he jumped right in. He stayed in the tub til Dave got home. He's a nut that one.


Two of my friends have lost their jobs this past week. And looking on facebook there are several others that have lost theirs as well and are looking for jobs. Its weird how everyone is saying that the job market is doing better, but yet it appears to be getting worse. Thank God for mine and Dave's jobs. Granted nothing is guaranteed, but we both work hard and put forth a 100% effort so that we are appreciated and needed. I work as hard as I can to make sure they need me. We are truly blessed for that.


To help with my friends, Monday I'm taking Danielle with me around Layton to get as many applications as possible. I've printed out her resume so she can hand them out, but this is also good in that I can get some applications for myself and Misty. Misty has been looking and putting in applications but nothing has come of it yet. I am wanting a part time job so that I can save up to obviously fix the cars, but Christmas is coming up and with the 2 kids we need to make sure we can afford Christmas. Plus we're behind on the bills. So some extreme restraint and hard work and I think if I can get a part time job that can help get caught up and help with Christmas. The OT shifts at work are few the next quarter because they are hiring permanent weekend customer service managers, so as I am the bottom of the pecking line I've only got a few.


I'm weird in that I am always stressed out lately because of finances. I always have been but owing so much to so many and being behind while we're trying to fix our credit so that we can get our house is hard. Thankfully everyone has been really nice to work with thus far, but we still let them know we are working on it. You never know when their patience might run out. I'm hoping to turn my car in and get a Dodge Charger... But I'm not sure if that is even possible. So maybe its better to spend the money to fix it and just keep praying that things will work out. Granted we have been through worse, but we have other things we want to do besides pay bills. We want to go to Disney Land in 3 summers when Brad and Breken are old enough, and next year I'll have a god baby in West Virginia I need to go see.... Hard work is all its going to take. Thank god I have Dave with me. He's my rock and is always there to give me support when I need it. I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment