Friday we had Greg's funeral and reception then I worked while Dave went home. Poor guy was exhausted. He'd been working so hard to make sure the office was painted and carpets cleaned and that everything looked nice. It was kinda like a CBI family reunion - which is what it should be. Saw a lot of familiar faces at the viewing Thursday, and the reception on Friday. I didn't go to the actual funeral or to the cemetary, but Dave did. I figured it was a small church and there were people that needed to be there more than I did.
The reception was nice though. Had the training room all decked out and they were showing slide shows of pictures of Greg. Amelia and I got a picture next to Greg's and it was nice to just be there with everyone.
So I get home around oh.... 3 am Sat Halloween! (tee hee hee) and I went to bed. Dave and I slept in til 5 pm. Didn't realize just how exhausted we really were. This week has really taken alot out of us. So we got showered and dressed up and then played pick a store trying to find a cooler to mix the drink in for Amelia's party. Went to Shopko, Smiths, Lowes and they were all crazy exspensive for the little ones. Then we hit up walmart and bing! A 5 gallon cooler $20. Amazing. We also found what was to become Dave's favorite Halloween costume yet - a blond Mullet. He couldn't stop staring in the mirror at himself.
On our way we had to meet up with Tazia to see her cute new costume. I think Tazia and Ariel were Zombie cheerleaders, but they looked awesome. I was way impressed.
Finally after 2 hours we make it to Amelia's to find out that her whole family had bailed on us. 3 of the neighbors stopped by for a bit then they left and some different neighbors came over and Cooper showed up. He needed to get out and I'm so glad he came. Felipe and Monica showed up as well with 2 of their friends and that was fun. Other than that it was just us. Lindsey and Erick stopped by for like 20 min. Everyone else was at other parties and most were drunk by 2300. I took some way good pictures though.
We ended up leaving around 0230 and got home to pass out just enough for 2 hours sleep to get up and come to work. Ya not the most exciting night, but we got out got dressed up and I have some way cool ideas for next year. So that is what will matter. We needed to have a mellow Halloween this year.
I'm rapidly discovering that I'm "all for" un-eventful Halloweens... we just took the kids out trick or treating, and then hung out with some good friends. So fun, and I'm sure all the walking around the neighborhood made up for my midnight raid of Talia's candy (after she was asleep, of course).
ReplyDeleteI can believe that. The last 2 halloweens we've had involved huge parties and cops and drama.... just wasn't what we needed this year...
ReplyDelete