Its been a crazy day. Watching the snow storm from a nice warm office. Luckily the roads were clear enough on my way home.
Work itself wasn't to bad. Had one customer just have all the issues and it turned into a huge problem, when it could've been an easy fix. That of course would've been WAAAAYYYY to easy. Instead I had to fight to get the right numbers to just call the people I needed to talk to so that I could get the correct information so that I could email the customer so that we could get the issue resolved. GAH!!!! So I didn't leave work til about an hour late.
At this point i'm tired but the kids are with us this weekend and neither one is feeling very well. As I still needed to get a birthday present for Brad I decided to go to Smiths. Thank goodness for grocery wars! Prices have never been cheaper and boy is my wallet grateful! So I get Brad's present and a ton of soups and crackers, figure if everyone is sick a dinner of soup is a good way to go.
Afterward I went to Dad's, both him and Mike are sick too. Dad has swineflu and Mike is trying to ween himself off some prescription drugs. Its hard but he's doing an amazing job. I'm really proud of him. I got them some soup too and got them situated.
I started home and I have to admit if I had to choose my favorite street it would have to be Main Street in Farmington. It is so beautiful and full of trees and just.... it makes me happy.
So I get home and both kids are sick. Gabby has Croup. I guess its a cough that happens when she gets to warm. It sounds like the same chest cough I had when I had broncitis. She gave it to Brad, so now he's coughing. On top of that they are both congested, and the drainage is going down their throats. So their voices are in and out and they don't want to eat. Brad han't been eating very much and his stomach is aching. He was waking up every 20 min through the night just screaming but he wouldn't eat anything and he was running a fever. Thank goodness for motron and children's tylonol. Dave went and got a slimfast to try and help get something in his tummy and that worked! Finally Brad decided he needed the bathroom and wow did he ever! Guess he hadn't gone in a while and that on top of not eating was making his tummy hurt. So after all that he took a long nap got up and ate dinner and was running around til he got tired again. Luckily Gabby was doing pretty good and was keeping down crackers. By the time Shannon came to get them they were tired but definately doing better.
Even with the sickness though we had a little mini party for Brad. I was planning one with Dave's parents and sister and Tazia and dad, but since everyone is sick that isn't really happening. So we made the Batman cake and
I had found a card and this way cool Batman Action figure. Its as big as a barbie but its has a cool thing on his arm that when you push the button it spins and lights up as the Bat Signal. Brad loved it! We also got him some army dudes and a spider man that is supposed to expand in water. Its slow going though and still in my bathroom sink. The box said it could take up to 92 hours! Weird stuff. The kids were going in and checking in on it every half hour timing it by when their cartoons start.
I got to go see my friend Brandy. Its been..... oh almost 4 years since I've seen her and wow she looks amazing! She's always been way beautiful but just wow she was looking good. She has the cutest family and I'm so glad she has come far and is where she is. Its crazy to see just how much we have changed in 3 years and where we are. We are truly blessed. I always get a hankering for dressing up when I see her. She's always been very fashionable and classy. Ya Classy is the best word to discribe her. I don't think she does it on purpose though it just is how she is.
So now I'm sitting at home planning out my day for tomorrow... thinking I might start another blog and knowing that I need to start working out again and pay some bills tomorrow. Watching Dave sleeping on the couch and know just how much I love him and everything he does for me and helps me with. I'm so grateful to have him and know with 100 percent certainty that he is mine. With all of the struggles we have I truely am blessed and I can't be more grateful for what the universe has sent my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment