Sunday, April 8, 2012

Family, Neices, Nephews, and baby!

I've always wanted to be closer to my family and mend some holes that are there. That really started when Karin married Ben. Best brother in law I could have ever hoped for. He is amazing. Thanks to them I now have the most amazing nephew ever! I want to be a good aunt and be closer to my sisters and brothers. I know part of that is hard because I live a ways away and, lets face it, my neighborhood isn't the best in the world. At this point we also have limited gas and one car so that doesn't help either. However, I am trying to take every opportunity to go see him and though he's still so little, I don't want to miss anything!

Cousin Crystal makes a good cuddler

Playing a game with Mom.

Blake's already dug his way into my heart and I just love him to bits and pieces. Its the most amazing thing to be an aunt. Its brought up a lot of talks with Dave too, and we've been talking about his sisters kids, Aspen and Bobby. It meant the world to him when Bobby recognized him and ran up to him yelling his name.

Just brings up thoughts of how fast kids grow and how if you don't stay close you miss out on all the good things. That is something we are going to be working on as well with Gabby and Brad. I want them to be more involved. They love coming to our house, and with Dave working that means I don't have to work so much so I can spend more time with them. Plus with new baby coming I want them to be just as included as they can be. We've already missed so much with them because we don't get to see them. I know that Dave is working on that and we'll get it taken care of slowly but surely.

I had my second appointment on the 3rd. I met my doctor, who is a super nice lady. We listened to the heartbeat, still strong and healthy. I did find out that the lab had lost 4 vials of my blood. The place that drew my blood sent all 5 vials and they only got 1 back. Frustrating. So I have to watch for a bill and make sure I'm not billed for any of it. Next appointment is in May and I'll listen to the heart beat again and get more blood drawn. Ugh. But its for good tests to make sure baby is healthy. So I will deal. Then the first week of June I find out what baby is!!! We're scheduling the Ultrasound the same day as the appt so we can get it all taken care of. I'm excited and Dave is going with me to see what it is! I thought we had names picked out but now a couple other names have surfaced so... we'll see what we get. Its like a present I just can't wait to open. Dang being patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment