Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wedding update

What a crazy time. Lots to update on the wedding. For a small wedding we are sure busy... Rings are taken care of, I was still struggling to find my dress and the location.

Dave decided that he wanted Layton Commons Park, and my friend T was gracious enough to rent it for us. (Layton residents get it cheaper than the rest of us). So I met her up there and we went shopping after. She must be my lucky star because I found the dress. :) Still needed a few special touches though. I got some green fabric and got a broach and Amelia helped me sew them onto my dress. Bingo! Perfect. And it hides the belly too. So location and dress done and done. :)



Then the next thing was to get my bouquets. I wanted one for me to carry and a smaller one to throw. My friend Haley, aka Lady Arsenic, met me at Tai Pan and helped me find the right ivy and the right flowers for the bouquets. Ended up being perfect! I put them together at T's house that night and hot glued them when I got home that night. Another thing done. :)



I spent a day at Karin's getting my hair and make up done. We wanted to experiment to see what we liked the best, so we set aside some time to make sure we could get it done right. Thanks to my friend Sharese, I have a beautiful tiara and vail that work perfectly.


Next was outfits. Dave has still been deciding on what the guys are wearing, so I worked on the flower girls. In a surprising twist, the ex wife, offered to make them for me. She was really nice about it and I appreciated her wanting to be supportive and helping us.
Gabby in her dress

Just have some last minute things to do and get before this Friday. Thankfully I have Thursday off to help get everything all set and ready to go. :) I'm really excited. This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment